Celebrate Food! March 2017
This recipe comes from Lynn James, our Member Spotlight for March 2017, and Penn State Extension. It's suitable for a crowd or a smaller group with bigger appetites.
Mediterranean Twist Salmon
Makes 18 two-ounce servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 pounds salmon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook salmon in the hot oil until cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
2. Heat the remaining oliveoil in a separate saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour balsamic vinegar into tomato mixture; add basil.
4. Cook and stir tomato mixture until flavors blend, about 3 minutes.
5. Place salmon on a plate and top with tomato sauce.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com. Photo courtesy of Allrecipes.com