Celebrate Food! August 2017
This recipe comes from Joanna Morillo, our Member Spotlight for August 2017, and makes use of delicious seasonal ingredients.
Summer Vegetable Saute
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and cut into half circles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a saute or frying pan.
2. Add onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
4. Stir in zucchini and corn, stir frequently until zucchini is soft.
5. Stir in tomato and spices, and cook for 1-2 more minutes until heated through.
Photo courtesy of Joanna Morillo.