Recipe - Pizza Hummus
Enjoy this fun twist on hummus from NEP DPG member Sharon Lutheran!
Makes 3-4 servings
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-4 tablespoons reserved liquid from beans (as needed)
- 2 dashes hot sauce (optional)
1. Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid in a bowl.
2. Add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste, and all the spices to a food processor or blender.
3. Process until smooth and creamy.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of the reserved bean liquid at a time to reach the desired consstency.
5. Place in bowl and refrigerate.
Can serve with vegetables, pita chips or crackers. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a gathering.