Recipe - Spice Cookies
Make a batch of these delightfully spicy cookies to take to neighbors or just enjoy yourself. Thanks to NEP DPG member Sharon Lutheran for sharing!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar for rolling
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together canola oil, honey, vanilla, and egg.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir just until combined.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to roll into balls.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into one inch balls, roll in sugar, and place two inches apart on the baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the tops are firm.
8. Remove from baking sheet and cool.