Recipe - Yellow Pea Soup
Enjoy this tasty soup recipe shared by NEP DPG member Sharon Lutheran!
PC : cc-by-sa-2.0 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Yellow_Split_Pea_Soup.jpg
- 1 1/2 cups yellow split peas
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, inced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours, stirring every hour. Can also make on the stovetop -- allow 1-1/2 hours to cook.